> About Our Club
 
image

The Fort Dodge Rotary Club was organized on May 9, 1917. The official charter was issued by Rotary International on June 9, 1917. The club was sponsored by the Rotary Club of Boone, Iowa. Lester Mansfield was its first president.

Since its organization, the Fort Dodge Rotary Club has actively promoted the principles of Rotary. The membership of the Fort Dodge Rotary Club is composed of people from all professions, businesses and civic backgrounds.

New members are actively recruited from all walks of life from within the Fort Dodge community including the agricultural segment surrounding Fort Dodge.  The association of new and old members is encouraged at each regular meeting.  The wide scope of membership provides a broad understanding and promotes a uniform high standard of ethics within the various occupations represented.

The wide variety of programs contributes to the understanding of the various occupations and promotes self development of individual members.  The dedication of members to attend all possible meetings contributes to the value of the programs and the appreciation of service by each and every Rotarian to his personal, business and community life.

The advancement of international understanding is promoted through the Youth Exchange Program and the Group Study Exchange through which the club sponsors and promotes the exchange of business leaders to and from all continents.

Earnings from the Scholarship Fund and annual fund-raising activities provide scholarships to graduating high school seniors.  One or more scholarships have been awarded each year since 1925.

Each member of the club is encouraged to participate in the Rotary Foundation.  The Foundation funds a variety of international programs designed to promote international understanding, one of the important Rotary avenues of service.